Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Second Day

Well, today was our 2nd Day of School.  If the beginning of our day was any indicator of how the rest of how the rest of the day was going to go, I should have known it wasn't going to be as glorious as yesterday (ha).  I'm going to just blame it on Hurricane Isaac.  I think something is in the air effecting everyone's mood and listening skills.  Yes that's what it is....  It really wasn't TERRIBLE, but like I said, just not as glorious as yesterday.  Although we did finish sooner today than yesterday, so that's good.

Juggling two boys that are 3 years apart is a little tough.  Superboy is in PreK and has only done one year of mother's day out, so he's very GREEN.  He's learning a lot of basic skills like, the days of week, how to color in the lines, and writing his letters and numbers.  Today he was able to do more of these things.  It was a good day for him:)

Dinoboy, however, did a few years of mother's day out, PreK and went to Kindergarten and First Grade.  So, he is really in the process of being "unschooled".  He wants to dictate, a little, of what we do each day.  Which is OK to an extent.  He's learning that things are different at home.  We're also doing a little review work and he gets very bored with it.   I think once we get through the first week or so, we'll all know more of what to expect.

Overall, it wasn't a terrible day, but I'm looking forward to bedtime:)


Our "schedule" most days.  There are some exceptions.  Wednesday is normally school on the road!  We have a few appointments that day and we go to the library.

8:30-11:30
Bible/Prayer
Handwriting
Spelling
English
Math

11:30-12:30 LUNCH (Superboy takes a nap around 12'ish.  I also read a bible story to them before nap time.)

12:30 Geography and/or Science (or any subject or work we haven't covered yet or any subject that I think may require a little more attention since Superboy is taking a nap.)

1:30 Finish- I like this time as a goal to finish school:)

Dinoboy also has a 15 minute reading time that he does.  Sometimes it's while I'm preparing lunch.  It can also be after we finish our lessons and I need him to do something besides watch TV!  He's really been enjoying The Complete Book of Animals for his reading time lately.  I'm also trying to implement a Book Basket that is filled with library books for them.

Superboy has worksheets he does during some of the subjects that he can't participate in.  I usually give him the same type of work as Dinoboy or I give him some constructive play.  Like, blocks, leggos, puzzles, etc.  He kinda comes and goes, but I direct him.

Please don't think I'm took strict on this schedule;)  It just helps to have it in place so the boys know what to expect.  I put our subjects on the board and erase them as we go through the day.

** Hey!  Leave me some comments!  I would love to hear from you!!**



P.S.  I love home school:)



1 comment:

  1. Yay Mommy! Your school sounds so amazing! I'm so proud of you and will continue to pray for you this year! YOU ARE AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete