Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Isaac and a Sick Dinoboy

Overnight, Hurricane Isaac arrived here in our area.  Which probably caused our two boys to come creeping in our room last night.  Dinoboy scared the MESS out of us! He came in quietly, and tapped me on the arm to wake me up.  He was back-lit by the window and pretty much looked like a tiny monster (LOL)!  It was funny because right when I was telling him that he shouldn't scare me like that the hubby woke up and was startled by him too!  It was hilarious, but it was also 1:45am, which was not funny.  I couldn't get back to sleep until almost 3:00AM!  Then, Dinoboy woke me up again.  He wasn't feeling well this time and I gave him some medicine.

So, today we had a late start.  The hubby was home this morning so we slowly got our day started.  Which was much welcomed due to the events of early in the morning!  I was already planning for today to be a low key day.  

Since Dinoboy isn't feeling well we did a few things and school is pretty much out for the day (it's now 11:00am).  We did math, english, handwriting, and reading.  The weather is making this a coffee and books kind of day!  Dinoboy is actually taking a nap (so you KNOW he isn't feeling well!) and I'm thinking the rest of the day we'll read books and play games, after he wakes up.

Highlights of the day:
  • The hubby telling me that seeing me teach our boys was "heart warming".  He was going to say sexy but said that probably isn't the right word (haha).
  • Doing school work on the couch.
  • Drinking coffee all day:)
  • Superboy getting the hang of the days of the week!
  • Dinoboy has suddenly declared he wants to be a Marine Biologist!  Cracks me up!  His daddy went to school for Wildlife Biology;)
Math on the couch

Cozy?  Whatever works for my under the weather Dinoboy!

Superboy's "batman" tower


This is a game that Superboy loves to play!  I came up with it  one day for him.  I plan on expounding on it a little as the year goes on.   I made these number cards out of construction paper and use Cuisenaire Rods.  He matches the number of rods to the corresponding number on the card.  It's a great way to get him counting and recognizing the numbers:)  

Superboy counting:)

No comments:

Post a Comment