Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

School On the Road Today (Day 3)

Wednesdays are probably going to be one of our favorite days of the week.  Superboy takes a speech class in the mornings so I do a few lessons with Dinoboy while we are waiting.  Today we did Bible, Handwriting and Spelling.  After he is done, we go to the library and get our books for the week.

So far, Dinoboy really enjoys bible, spelling, science and geography.  He does not enjoy math (which is funny because this is supposed to be his favorite), and writing ANYTHING!  He can take or leave english.  He just hates the writing.  He also loves to draw.

Math isn't really my favorite at the moment either (lol).  Which is probably why it's not his favorite!  I'm having a hard time decided exactly where to start.  Originally I started at the beginning, but it's a lot of lengthy review for him.  I want to do some review, but I don't think he/we can endure almost 4 weeks of it!  So, I'm going to begin to touch on each segment and move on.  Isn't this one of the reasons why I decided to home school?  Why am I making him endure weeks and weeks of constant review with frustration.  I've decided....LET'S MOVE ON! <------- After only 3 days;) lol

Tomorrow we are going to the MS Natural Science Museum so I'll have lots of fun pictures!  We've been many times before, but they enjoy it each time.  Tomorrow I'm hoping to bring to life some of the science terms we've been studying this week:  ecosystem, habitat, and niche.  I also, doubled up on some of our subjects so the next two days are light for us.  YAY HOME SCHOOL!


Highlights from today:

  • Doing school on the go!
  • We worked on our backyard habitat and the boys got to play with frogs....I mean toads:)
  • The flexibility of our school!!
  • I met another home school mom and her two boys today.  Her boys are very close to my boys' ages too.

PS-- I love home school, but most importantly my little treasures:)


*These pics aren't from today, but I love them:)  The bottom one is of an ear model we worked on right before we started school.  I love visual aids!  I want to find a way to use them every day!



No comments:

Post a Comment